SELFIE & GROUP FUN:
OUR TRANE BEAUTIES
OUR SUITED BEAUTIES, DAMSELS & DAMES:
OUR SKIN/MID-DRIFT BARING, SHORT & SEXY BEAUTIES:
OUR BOO’D UP, POOF’D UP/FORMAL, & SLEEK
Every year in May, American Vogue EIC Anna Wintour-chaired and hosted Costume Institute Gala [traditionally held NYC’s Metropolitan Museum of Arts] plays host to a number of Tinsletown’s red carpet walkers-all on one red carpet for the annual charity benefit.
Every year, the star-studded event has a fashion theme. Last year’s was a punk theme and this year was old school/elegance-celebrating the opening of the show dedicated to couturier Charles James so, this year’s theme was “Beyond Fashion.”
Since last year, Vogue has been all the rave and talk of popular culture, blogs, and social media more than ever before.
*places side of index finger on left corner of my mouth in a gossip stance*
…And not that-this has anything to do with this year, but the ticket prices for the event were hiked around the $10-25k mark–the highest ever since the 1971 year the gala began.
Want a lil’ Met Gala theme history? Other Side of the Fame gathered that information for you. Have fun!
- 1971-1972: Fashion Plate
- 1972-1973: Untailored Garments
- 1973-1974: The World of Balenciaga
- 1974-1975: Romantic and Glamorous Hollywood Design
- 1975-1976: American Women of Style
- 1976-1977: The Glory of Russian Costume
- 1977-1978: Vanity Fair: A Treasure Trove
- 1978-1979: Diaghilev: Costumes and Designs of the Ballets Russes
- 1979-1980: Fashions of the Habsburg Era: Austria-Hungary
- 1980-1981: The Manchu Dragon: Costumes of China, the Chi’ng Dynasty
- 1981-1982: The Eighteenth-Century Woman
- 1982-1983: Le Belle Époque
- 1983-1984: Yves Saint Laurent: 25 Years of Design
- 1984-1985: Man and the Horse
- 1985-1986: Costumes of Royal India
- 1986-1987: Dance
- 1987-1988: In Style: Celebrating Fifty Years of the Costume Institute
- 1988-1989: From Queen to Empress: Victorian Dress 1837-1877
- 1989-1990: The Age of Napoleon: Costume from Revolution to Empire, 1789–1815
- 1990-1991: Théâtre de la Mode – Fashion Dolls: The Survival of Haute Couture
- 1991-1992: ( No costume exhibition gala presented )
- 1992-1993: Fashion and History: A Dialogue
- 1993-1994: Diana Vreeland: Immoderate Style
- 1994-1995: Orientalism: Visions of the East in western dress
- 1995-1996: Haute Couture
- 1996-1997: Christian Dior
- 1997-1998: Gianni Versace
- 1998-1999: Cubism and Fashion
- 1999-2000: Rock Style
- 2000-2001: ( No costume exhibition gala presented )
- 2001: Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years
- 2001-2002: Extreme Beauty: The Body Transformed
- 2003: Goddess: The Classical Mode
- 2004: Dangerous Liaisons: Fashion and Furniture in the 18th Century
- 2005: The House of Chanel
- 2006: Anglo Mania: Tradition and Transgression in British Fashion
- 2007: Poiret: King of Fashion
- 2008: Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy
- 2009: The Model As Muse: Embodying Fashion
- 2010: American Women: Fashioning a National Identity
- 2011: Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty
- 2012: Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations
- 2013: Punk: Chaos to Couture
- 2014: Charles James: Beyond Fashion
THANKS GETTY IMAGES!
Media Maestro .
Writing Rhinoceros .