11 Things You Shouldn’t Do This Year
As we begin 2015, people all around you have resolved to do all kinds of things. On the personal front, they are going to lose weight, exercise more and eat healthier. On the professional side, they are going to work harder to stay close to their clients, and maybe even clean up their office. All that fine, of course. But if you do what everyone else does, you never gain a competitive edge. Let me suggest another kind of action. We talked previously about the things you should stop doing. While have “to do lists” can be good, having a “not to do list” can actually be better, since if you follow it, you will free up a lot more time and energy–and be more productive. Who doesn’t want that? So as we begin a new year, why don’t you resolve to stop doing the following things, some of which we have discussed before (a review never hurts) and some of which are new and equally counter-productive.
We only have so much time. Why would you ever want to waste it? This is the place where your “to do” list can help keep you focused.
- Waiting. The frustrating cousin of procrastinating. Nothing happens while you …(cont’d)
Forget Goals. Focus on Systems Instead
I love setting goals. Unfortunately, my goals don’t always love me back. I’ve tried using silence to accomplish a goal, and I’ve tried to sneak up on big goals, and although those strategies work, they’re hardly foolproof. Fortunately James Clear, an entrepreneur and guy who thinks a lot about goals, habits, and success, has a much better approach to achieving almost any goal–and it’s an approach anyone can use.
We all have things that we want to achieve in our lives–building a successful business, getting into better shape, raising a wonderful family. For most of us, the path to achieving those things starts with setting a specific and actionable goal. Until recently, that’s how I approached my life. I would set goals for clients I wanted to land, for classes I took, and for weights that I wanted to lift in the gym. What I’m starting to realize, however, is that when it comes to actually getting things done and making progress in the areas that are important to you, there is a much better way to do things. It all comes down to the difference between goals and systems.
Let me explain. The Difference Between Goals and Systems…What’s the difference between goals and systems?
- If you’re an entrepreneur, your goal is to build a successful business. Your system is your processes for sales, marketing, fulfillment, operations, etc.
- If you’re a coach, your goal is to …(cont’d)
20 Awesome Productivity Tricks Anyone Can Use
Even though we all want to be more productive, it’s hard to make major changes. Small changes are easy– and can be incredibly powerful. That’s why the following 20 tips are simple enough you can immediately incorporate them into your daily routine. Some tips will help you better use your …cont’d
- Do Not Go into the New Year (or Any Meeting or Relationship) Without These 7 Things
You head into a New Year, a new venture, a new relationship, a new agreement, a new… anything. And maybe you “hope” for the best. Maybe you set some goals and intentions. Or maybe you’re so “busy” you fly by the seat of your pants and pray that luck and inspiration will get you “there”. Any of these can work, and why not give your desires and results a bit of an extra nudge? Leaving your year, relationships, and ventures, in the hands of fate and open to spontaneity is part of the magic of life, AND if you sprinkle in a bit of the 7 points below, you increase your chances of shifting that magic into real results. The goal here is to have you happen to your life, vs. your life happening to you. Every bit of consciousness helps.
For your future delight and planning, here are 7 places to look:
- Have a vision and a purpose. Explore, in your heart of hearts, what success looks like for this venture/relationship/year/etc. AND why it’s important. “See” it. “Taste” it. Feel into it. Let yourself be moved by it. Get carried away so much that you might actually believe it is happening in present time. Let this inform your intentions and action plans for “next”.
- Set your intentions. What do you want this year to look like? This relationship? This meeting? What outcomes? What do you want to be celebrating when it’s complete? Who do you want to become because of it?
- Take really good care of yourself. You have so much power and influence here. How you set yourself up for success with what you put …(cont’d)
This Is The Most Important Decision to Make in 2015
Let me know if you disagree, but after a lifetime spent talking to and writing about entrepreneurs I realize the first decision you make after you start your company is almost always the most pivotal. That decision? Where will you spend your time? Intuitively, you understand why that decision is so important. You only have so much …(cont’d)
- Richard Branson to Young Entrepreneurs: “Just Do It” read here
- Why the most famous astrologer in the universe says you shouldn’t buy an iPhone right now read here
- Mom Bloggers: Get paid to advertise: read here
- This Is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids here
- 7 Successful Calculated Risks for start-ups that lead to success read here
- How to pitch to Mark Cuban read here
- 10 of the best natural appetite suppressants – Absolutely ideal if you’re wanting to shed a few pounds! read here
- 9 secrets your flight attendant may want to tell you read here
- No torn up town, just post-code envy: The U.S’ most expensive zip codes read here Find the ones in your state!
- 10 Ways How To Cure Acne Naturally here
- What the cost of your engagement ring may say about your marriage: here
- How To Get Away With Being Pulled Over For Speeding here
- Build Your Personal Brand in 8 Steps via read here
- The secret to learning a foreign language as an adult read here
- How to spot a sex trafficking victim at the airport read here
- 9 ugly truths about sex and dating from big data read here
- The major mistake you’re making before getting married read here
- Los Angeles might be getting 1 or 2 NFL teams read here
- Redbox to end instant streaming service read here
- 5 ways to be more confident at work read here
- 5 signs you should see a doctor for depression read here
- This map shows where gay marriage is now legal read here
- How to ace any interview and land the job of your dreams read here
- Financial habits of happy stay-at-home parents read here
- 10 ways to make the most of your 20s professionally read here
- In blank stare and Uhh…why Just “now”? news: ‘Aunt Jemima’ family demands $2 billion cut of pancake business read
- iPhone 6 ripping your hair out too? read here
- Watch how word of Ebola exploded in America read here
- Facebook reportedly building a new app where everyone’s anonymous read here
- 15 guys explain why they date women over read here
- How nudity became the new “normal” read here
- Introvert, Extrovert or Ambivert? Find out here
- Cornflakes, Shrimp, Cottage Cheese Has Some of the Highest Grams of Sodium, Guess What Else Does? Click here
- The Best Time To Book a Plane Ticket. Click here
- Don’t Feed the Animals: Love Your Pet? Don’t Feed ‘Em This. Click here
- Move Over Michael Kors, The Apple watch Is Here. Everything You Need to Know About the Apple Watch is here
- Apple’s 4.7″ iPhone 6, 5.5″ and iPhone 6 Plus’: New design, A8 CPU, Retina HD display. Read it here
- Facebook got you down? Find out about the unethical emotional experiment Facebook did with around 700k of its random users by manipulating the “positive” v. “negative” posts you see. Check out the article
an appleLots of Bananas a Day Keep the Doctor Away. Check out the article
- 12 Crazy Methods Criminals Use To Steal Your Identity. Check out the article here
- 6 Smart Things to Consider Before Buying a Smart Phone. Check out the article here
- What iPhone Setting You Need To Change To Stop Apps From Tracking Your Location. Read it here
- Worried That Strangers Are Using Drones, Security Cameras, Hidden Microphones, or Google Glass To Spy On You? The You Need This
- Pay Pennies For Brand Name Products. Click here
- Peek a Boo, You Can Be Found Boo. Still Posting Pics to Social Media from Your Handy-Dandy Cell Phone? Get in here
CLICK TV FOR OTHER SPECIAL INTEREST #OSFCHANNELS (and more information FYI from OSF)
Media Maestro .
Writing Rhinoceros .